Friday, July 18, 2008

What to do?

Here I am in beautiful Sterling Heights, Michigan with a beautiful new granddaughter and two great older grandchildren. I am supposed to be helping. The question arises: What is "help" really? If I interfere with the routine of life, when I leave there could be the potential of chaos for the parents and children trying to bring their life back to "normal". And let's face it, there's enough chaos with life as it is and with a new baby I think that is just the perfect description of "chaos".

So it has been my goal here to accomplish something that has been on the "list" for a long time but has not been done because of the reality of life getting in the way. You know, things like children needing dinner EVERY day... running out of clean dishes... even laundry (you know you get every single piece of laundry clean and you move that pillow and WOAH! Where did that sock come from????!!!!! It's like a curse, once you find one you know that within minutes there will be 4 more socks showing up and before you know it there's another load of laundry! And ONE load of baby clothes takes you 5 hours to fold because there are 124 MILLION pieces of clothing!!!)

So, I have been going through the boxes and bags of clothes that have been saved for the next child. The evidence of a frugal person, overwhelmed with life, but trying to do what is best.

It has been fun for me, as I wish someone would do this with my stuff! It's fun and much easier for me here, because I am a "disinterested" third party. I have no emotional attachment to any of the stuff, so I can toss it without any remorse or concern. And I am happy to report that I have finished the basement task here!!! With 10 days left I am excited and I think that I can help with the upstairs closet and a few other little areas and feel that I have completed the task. (Which is a great thing for my personality "type".)

And once I figure out how to do a slide show on this blog you can see the results of my efforts. I took pictures with my little phone, of course not the best quality, and that's pretty good too! However I did not do the "before" pictures, just believe me when I say that this is improved. Not that anything was dirty, just cluttered. I did not find one single yucky thing, so good job to all!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The organizational pics look great! There's something so comforting in a big stack of bins with labels on them. :)