Monday, April 6, 2009

A Real Vacation

So a week and a half ago Paul told me that we really were going to go on a vacation and I got to choose where to go. I had a crazy idea to go up to Secret Cove in British Columbia. When I was in junior high during the summers I went with my grandparents (Grandma & Popo) on their 45 foot yacht the "Ninaray". The last summer my sister, Nina, also came along. Well, I checked online and there was a resort nearby Secret Cove called Rockwater, and before I actually knew what I was doing I had made reservations for Paul & I.

I have always wanted to take Paul to this place, to share the beauty of the area. Of course I expected a lot to change because I had been there only slightly after dirt had been invented. I was thrilled to discover that much remained the same, especially Smuggler Cove which has been preserved as a Province Park.



This discovery was as much a new memory as a reminiscience as seeing it from land offered a very different experience than the one from the boat. I was grateful to be able to share it with my dear husband and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!

I have always hoped that I could share this place with my family and it is very nice to know that it still exists!

No comments: